Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 3


Todays start was very simple and easy. We drove about three hours to Karatu. We stopped at an over look and saw a herd of wildabeast and several giraffes. When we left the hotel this morning, Mt. Kilimanjaro was mostly covered by clouds.
This afternoon we met our translators at a church outside of town. Joseph and Bwire will be working with Ron and me. We also found out today that our focus has changed some and we will not be working with many Maasai, but have seen and met some already.
During our gathering tonight with our translators were also roughly 100 other nationals who will be going and evangelizing as well. Some came in from Arusha, Kilimanjaro and Mwanza. Most were excited to see us.
I heard my first African singing. It brought chills to me. They sang in such unison, praising God, with no instruments. It reminded me that every nation, tribe and tongue will all declare the name of Jesus! I can wait to hear them sing again.
simply - amazing.

No comments: