Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 8


Writing this a day late, hopefully I remember all that happened. We worked with the Maasai again today around the crater as a group. We were able to visit two different villages. I was able to lead the group at the second village. Gos is good and I am thankful that He chose to use me! Many accepted salvation!
AN older man approached me smiling after I presented. He looked blind, but could see. His eyes were white. God immediately told me, I once was blind but now I see. It made me so thankful for stepping out and following Gods will.
At the first village we saw the Maasai warriors dance, which is, in reality, jumping. It was amazing to see how high they could jump.
I was also invited into another hut. THis one was bigger than most. It had four rooms and a fire pit inside that kept the house warm. The hut 'owner' told us about Maasai traditions and that he has a wife because he killed a lion. He was 28 at the time. They kill lions by wrapping their left arm with lost of cloth so the lion can bite their arm and not hurt them. Then while the lion is distracted, they stab the lion with their right arm. They said you must be very confident in this. haha! duh!
We camped tonight outside of the crater. It is massive and impressive. The vastness cannot be determined without being inside. WE saw zebras, elephants and many wild donkeys today. Our group is definitely growing and being used by God. We are all learning to trust in Him with all that happens. Not my will but His be done.

No comments: